Thursday, May 1, 2008

Because Hampsters are illegal in Hawai

I bought two mice a year and a half ago. The store said they were both female, but as it turns out one of them was a male. I didn't figure it out until the first eleven babies were born, and by then, the next eleven had already been conceived. Luckily the store took them all back (along with the troublesome impregnater.) I kept one of the girl babies.



They don't have names. I simply call them "the fertile one" and "the result", and to be honest I can't tell which is which anymore.




If you can't tell, this is a picture of a mouse's butt. The mouse who it belongs to is fleeing from my presence. This is mostly what I get from these two. They aren't the friendliest.

I heard that the cedar bedding gives them respiratory difficulties that can lead to an early death. That's why I always get that kind. It hasn't worked so far. The thing is, I'm really hoping they die before I have to move in January. I don't know what I'm going to do with them if they don't.

4 comments:

Rachel Bostwick said...

Just "introduce" them to Mommi's cats. It'll be fine.

I don't know why, but I can't bring myself to like anthing smaller than a hampster. The guinea pig Lee and I had was pretty cool, but very smelly.

Actually, I did like the two fish we had last summer - Howl and Calcifer. I cried when they died.

But mice creep me out.

At our new house, we can get a dog. I can't even tell you how happy that makes us.

jennifaye said...

We are planning to give you Conard's cage when he goes to Rat heaven... if you want it. It is kept nice and clean by Hannah and Matthew. Conard is the best rodent I have ever had. He really scares people though. I will post a picture so you can see how he has grown.

His poops are rather large and I don't allow Hannah and Matthew to set him down. He ruined Liz's homework one time that way... ugh.

Sarah said...

haha, that's so gross. I definitely would like the rat cage though.

Michelle said...

Too funny! I won't let the kids get gerbils, mice or rats. Ewww! We've had lots of hamsters and I'd let the kids get them again but not now.