Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In Bolivia

Okay I havent posted anything in forever. To catch anyone up who cares... I decided to go to Bolivia, then stuff happened, etc., and now I am in Bolivia.

I am thouroughly enjoying Cochabamba. The weather here is the best I have ever experienced in my life. It is cool and sunny almost every day. Although apparently it will get somewhat cold this summer (which is winter for Bolivia.)

Cochabamba is at a high altitude in the middle of some of the most beautiful mountains I have ever seen. The home that I live at has the most gorgeous yard which the kids and I love to play in. Ive started to hate the indoors.

Another wonderful thing about Cochabamba is that apparently, there are no tarantulas. We do get some big spiders here and there, but they do not cause the same feelings of horror and helplessness as do their hairy counterparts.

Mostly my favorite thing about Cochabamba so far is the kids. The kids at house 2 are some of the sweetest kids I have ever worked with.

I hope to post some pictures eventually, but right now I do not have acess to a computer where I can upload photos. I hate blogging without pictures, but I am going to try and blog a bit more regularly now anyway.

Well, thats all Ive got for now.

3 comments:

Rachel Bostwick said...

Awesome! It sounds like you are happy, and that makes me happy. I understand about pictures, but definitely don't let that stop you from blogging - even if you only have a sentence or two!

The babies are praying for you every single day!

jennifaye said...

so good to hear details... please keep blogging and you will figure out the picture dilema

Jennifer Beaty (Thompson) said...

Hi Sarah,

Sorry about limited computer/internet access there, but the situation will soon improve! By the end of next week you should have a computer and we'll work on getting an internet connection pronto.

We really appreciate your service to our kiddos.......and I appreciate you saying they are sweet. ;-)
Jennifer