Saturday, February 23, 2008

30 Things to Do Before I'm 30

I made this list because I was sick of coming up with excuses for not doing the things I have always wanted to do. I fully intend to complete each and every one of these by the time I turn 30 on August 16th, 2012. I also intend to post on my blog about each one after I complete it. (Lucky you guys!)

1. Get married


2. Adopt a dog

3. Travel to China

4. Write and illustrate a story

5. Reread the Bible

6. Cut my hair really short

7. Go whale watching

8. Learn how to make SalteƱas

9. Participate in a political campaign

10. Host a Christmas party

11. Finish reading the Wheel of Time series

12. Earn an Associates Degree

13. Buy a rat and train it to be friendly

14. Beat one of my Wii games

15. Learn how to type properly

16. Get involved with a church ministry

17. Attend a science fiction convention

18. Buy, assemble, decorate, and furnish a miniature house

19. Talk to a doctor about my social anxiety

20. Grow vegetables in a garden

21. Dye my hair a different color

22. Go to an NHL game

23. Quit smoking for good

24. Take karate again for at least a year

25. Start a retirement fund

26. Have the guts to donate blood

27. Get another piercing

28. Kill a centipede

29. Put together a 1000 piece puzzle

30. Visit Mexico


7 comments:

Rachel Bostwick said...

What Wii games do you have? We could totally play each other. I love my Wii.

Wanna hear a sad story about social anxiety? I was supposed to turn in an e-commerce homework last week, but part of it was interviewing a store manager so I just skipped it completely. I spent three weeks wondering how I was going to get up the courage to do it. Then I spent a week going, hey, I could still turn it in late. Then it was past the late deadline. I felt so much better then. At least I got 100 on the exam to make up for it.

So you like the Wheel of Time series? Maybe I will read it, I do like long series sometimes. I read the Otherworld series like 5 times. (4 books about the same length as a Wheel of Time book).

Let's go to the San Diego Comic Con together. Or maybe the one in Philly, it's supposed to be pretty good.

Did I ever tell you that its one of my goals to build a miniature version of The Burrow?

Anyway, I love your list!! And you :)

jennifaye said...

I like your goals. I am so glad that someone that came out of me has such cool goals.

Sarah said...

Rach-
My Wii's not connected to the internet. I'm not sure how to do that. My favorite game is Elebits.
I would love to go to a convention with you! That would make it even more fun.
And a miniature version of the burrow? As the movie version of Ron would say, "That's wicked!!!"

David B. Beaver said...

I should make a list of these goals as well, that might be next blog. The nice thing is I have until 2018, so we'll see...

(i will probably leave the getting married one out though, waste of money waste of time!)

Good luck on your goals...

jennifaye said...

Noah says you can come home and kill the centepedes in our basement.

Sarah said...

Haha, yeah. I figured if I never got up the guts to kill one here, I could kill one there and it would still count. (Sortof.) Your House Centipedes are definitely less intimidating than the Hawaii variety, although the sheer number of them in that basement is still terrifying. And House Centipedes do bite, apparently, from what I've read.

Rachel Bostwick said...

http://bible.christianity.com/

This site has a neat system for reading through the Bible in a year. You tell it when you want to start, and you can check off readings when you're done with them. If you like "systems", it's cool.