Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Boring story about Something Gross

So I think I was bit by a Brown Violin Spider, which is Hawaii's version of the Brown Recluse. I don't remember it happening though, so I can't be sure.

All I know is that I noticed a weird bite on my arm yesterday, and today , when I woke up it was quite swollen, extremely itchy, and also full of pus, (yuck!) The bite has developed a pale ring around it, which is also surrounded by an additional pink itchy ring. Like this:



But really, it seems the worst is already over. Therefore I have decided to not bother going to medical. And thus my story has a very boring ending.

However, there is still possibly a Brown Violin spider lurking somewhere in my house, so be prepared for the sequel to this tale, in which I am bitten 50 times and have my arms rot off my body in the hospital.

Of course there's always a chance that this was not actually a violin spider bite at all, but simply the bite of a particularly ambitious mosquito. Or it could've been... dare I say it...*gulp*, a centipede!!!

5 comments:

jennifaye said...

Get some spider traps and go to medical.

Sarah said...

Don't worry Mom, I'll go to medical if it gets worse. Honestly I think it looks a lot better today though, the swelling is definitely down, so no worries.

Rachel Bostwick said...

Is it still getting better?

If I saw that on one of my kids, I would be totally freaking out.

jennifaye said...

I am a bit freaked... you ok, Sarah?

Sarah said...

Yeah, it's definitely fading now. I'm fine. Haha, didn't mean to freak you guys out. It was the weirdest, most multi-symptomed bite I've ever had though.